Presentations by Past WFI Fellows
Making a Difference!
Take a look at the many projects our fellows have worked on in the program and how they are using what they learned here to make a different back home.
- An In-depth Study of Forest Products Industries in the Pacific Northwest. Tendayi Mhlanga. 2012
- Adaptation of PNW Conifer to the Mambilla Plateau, NE Nigeria. Gabriel Salako. 2011
- Sustainable Community Forest Management. Elikia Amani. 2010.
- Decentralizing Forest Management in Zambia: The Challenge of Capacity Building. Victor Kawanga. 2009.
- Cameroon. Patrice Taah Ngalla. 2005.
- Characterization of forest nurseries. Miguel Sanchez. 2015
- Marketing Strategies for Wood in Small Forest Companies. Cristhian Gutierrez Patzi. 2012.
- Forests of Brazil: Beyond the Criticism of Deforestation. Aline Moreira. 2009.
- US Markets for Brazilian Softwood Moulding & Plywood. Mariane Bueno de Camargo. 2008.
- Brazil. Mariane Bueno de Camargo. 2008.
- Mexico. Cristopher López Paniagua. 2007.
- Canopy Forest Ecology. Rebecca Hsu. Taiwan. 2016
- Urban Forestry and Habitat Restoration. Samantha Kwan. Malaysia. 2016
- Urban Forestry Funding Mechanisms. Karishmaa Pai. India. 2016
- Sustainable Forest Management. Sarita Lama. Nepal. 2015
- Exploring the Opportunities for Payments for Ecosystems Services in Sabah, Malaysia. Robert Mijol. Malaysia. 2015
- Study on the Processes of Forestry Research Management. Qingxin Liu. China. 2015
- Urban Bird Conservation: Lessons for a Taiwan Birder. Carol Koh. Taiwan. 2015
- Collaborative Governance. Stuty Maskey. Nepal. 2015
- A Forester’s Journey Through the Complex Landscape of Sustainable Forest Management. Li-Wan Chang. Taiwan. 2013.
- Study on New Market Opportunities of US certified Forest Products in China. Xiaoqiong Liang. China. 2013
- Comparative Study of Street Trees in Two Neighborhoods of Portland. Ali Malekghasemi. 2013
- Forest Ecosystem Degradation and Global Climate Change: Improving Taiwan’s Outreach and Education Platforms. Hwa-guang Shang. Taiwan. 2012
- Forest Biomass in the US and Korea. Kwangho Baek. Korea. 2012
- Understanding the Relationship Between Wildfires and Climate Change Across the United States. Ghazala Yasmeen. Pakistan. 2011
- Wetland Service Markets: Banking and Management Lessons from the US. Meijuan Luo. China. 2011
- Emerging Opportunities in Nepal for Carbon Sequestration and Forest Management. Jagdish Poudel. Nepal. 2011
- Investigating Business Demand for Watershed Service Markets: Case Studies from Oregon. Vijay Kolinjivadi. India. 2010
- Introduction to Taiwan and Environmental Education Learning Projects in the U.S. I-Chun Lu. Taiwan. 2010
- Balancing Conservation and Development by Payments for Ecosystem Services in China. Ke Dong. China. 2010
- Forestry in Japan. Daisuke Tajima. Japan. 2010.
- The Forests of Taiwan: New Opportunities for Biomass Utilization. Yu-jen Lin. Taiwan. 2009.
- Forest Reforms and Forest Products Trade in China. Lanhui Wang. China. 2008.
- Encouraging an Urban Forestry Ethic: A Comparison of Tree City USA and China’s National Garden City Programs. Linsen Zhao. China. 2008.
- Study on the Living of Farmers Involved in Grain for Green National Key Forestry Program in Yunnan Province. Linsen Zhao. China. 2008.
- Korea and Its Flooring: Korean Wood Flooring Explosion. Namgon Kwag. Korea. 2008.
- Forestry in Hebei of China. Zengwang Ma. China. 2007.
- The Struggle to Reforest Arid Land in Southwest China. Yanping Zhang. China. 2006.
- Frontier Researches: Embedded in the Context of Culture, Society and Forest Resources in Taiwan. Peijung Wang. Taiwan. 2006.
- Challenges to Forest Management and Research in Taiwan. Peijung Wang. 2006.
- China’s Forest and Forest Land Tenure. Xiaoli Wang. China. 2006.
- Unraveling India and Himachal Pradesh. Jasjit Singh Walia. India. 2006.
- Korea. Kyungtae Park. Korea. 2006.
- Forestry in Korea. Seol Woong Lee. Korea. 2006.
- Collective Forestry in China. Jialu Xie. China. 2004.
- Taiwan. Min-chung Yang. Taiwan. 2003.
- Adaptive Management in Response to Climate Change: A Synthesis of Research Findings and Observations from the Pacific Northwest. Tim Sanders. 2011
- Variable Retention Silviculture in Tasmania, Australia and Western North America. Sue Baker. Australia. 2010.
- Sustainable Forestry and Forest Product Promotion: A North American Perspective. Nathan Trushell. 2008.
- Australia’s Forests. John Turland. Australia. 2006.
- Towards Sustainable Development in Albania. Enkeleda Pjetri. Albania. 2015
- Transfer of Forest Genetic Resources in light of Climate Change. Branislav Cvjetkovic. 2013
- Macrofungal Biodiversity in Native and Non-native Sitka Spruce Forests. Richard O’Hanlon. 2012.
- Forest Fires in Portugal: Post-fire Management Lessons from the Pacific Northwest. Vera Serrao. Portugal. 2010.
- The Northwest Forest Plan. Kati Brueckner. Germany. 2009.
- Lithuania. Nerijus Miskinis. 2007.
- The Danish Forestry Sector. Mikkel Nielsen. Denmark. 2004.