Presentations by Past WFI Fellows
Making a Difference!
Take a look at the many projects our fellows have worked on in the program and how they are using what they learned here to make a different back home.
*Special Presentation: View the recent PhD thesis from our 2011 Nigerian alumnus Gabriel Salako whose work at WFI supported his doctoral research. Using GIS modeling and experimental trials to assess the suitability of Selected conifers on Mambilla Plateau NE Nigeria
- An In-depth Study of Forest Products Industries in the Pacific Northwest. Tendayi Mhlanga. 2012
- Adaptation of PNW Conifer to the Mambilla Plateau, NE Nigeria. Gabriel Salako. 2011
- Sustainable Community Forest Management. Elikia Amani. 2010.
- Decentralizing Forest Management in Zambia: The Challenge of Capacity Building. Victor Kawanga. 2009.
- Cameroon. Patrice Taah Ngalla. 2005.
- Characterization of forest nurseries. Miguel Sanchez. 2015
- Marketing Strategies for Wood in Small Forest Companies. Cristhian Gutierrez Patzi. 2012.
- Forests of Brazil: Beyond the Criticism of Deforestation. Aline Moreira. 2009.
- US Markets for Brazilian Softwood Moulding & Plywood. Mariane Bueno de Camargo. 2008.
- Brazil. Mariane Bueno de Camargo. 2008.
- Mexico. Cristopher López Paniagua. 2007.
- Canopy Forest Ecology. Rebecca Hsu. Taiwan. 2016
- Urban Forestry and Habitat Restoration. Samantha Kwan. Malaysia. 2016
- Urban Forestry Funding Mechanisms. Karishmaa Pai. India. 2016
- Sustainable Forest Management. Sarita Lama. Nepal. 2015
- Exploring the Opportunities for Payments for Ecosystems Services in Sabah, Malaysia. Robert Mijol. Malaysia. 2015
- Study on the Processes of Forestry Research Management. Qingxin Liu. China. 2015
- Urban Bird Conservation: Lessons for a Taiwan Birder. Carol Koh. Taiwan. 2015
- Collaborative Governance. Stuty Maskey. Nepal. 2015
- A Forester’s Journey Through the Complex Landscape of Sustainable Forest Management. Li-Wan Chang. Taiwan. 2013.
- Study on New Market Opportunities of US certified Forest Products in China. Xiaoqiong Liang. China. 2013
- Comparative Study of Street Trees in Two Neighborhoods of Portland. Ali Malekghasemi. 2013
- Forest Ecosystem Degradation and Global Climate Change: Improving Taiwan’s Outreach and Education Platforms. Hwa-guang Shang. Taiwan. 2012
- Forest Biomass in the US and Korea. Kwangho Baek. Korea. 2012
- Understanding the Relationship Between Wildfires and Climate Change Across the United States. Ghazala Yasmeen. Pakistan. 2011
- Wetland Service Markets: Banking and Management Lessons from the US. Meijuan Luo. China. 2011
- Emerging Opportunities in Nepal for Carbon Sequestration and Forest Management. Jagdish Poudel. Nepal. 2011
- Investigating Business Demand for Watershed Service Markets: Case Studies from Oregon. Vijay Kolinjivadi. India. 2010
- Introduction to Taiwan and Environmental Education Learning Projects in the U.S. I-Chun Lu. Taiwan. 2010
- Balancing Conservation and Development by Payments for Ecosystem Services in China. Ke Dong. China. 2010
- Forestry in Japan. Daisuke Tajima. Japan. 2010.
- The Forests of Taiwan: New Opportunities for Biomass Utilization. Yu-jen Lin. Taiwan. 2009.
- Forest Reforms and Forest Products Trade in China. Lanhui Wang. China. 2008.
- Encouraging an Urban Forestry Ethic: A Comparison of Tree City USA and China’s National Garden City Programs. Linsen Zhao. China. 2008.
- Study on the Living of Farmers Involved in Grain for Green National Key Forestry Program in Yunnan Province. Linsen Zhao. China. 2008.
- Korea and Its Flooring: Korean Wood Flooring Explosion. Namgon Kwag. Korea. 2008.
- Forestry in Hebei of China. Zengwang Ma. China. 2007.
- The Struggle to Reforest Arid Land in Southwest China. Yanping Zhang. China. 2006.
- Frontier Researches: Embedded in the Context of Culture, Society and Forest Resources in Taiwan. Peijung Wang. Taiwan. 2006.
- Challenges to Forest Management and Research in Taiwan. Peijung Wang. 2006.
- China’s Forest and Forest Land Tenure. Xiaoli Wang. China. 2006.
- Unraveling India and Himachal Pradesh. Jasjit Singh Walia. India. 2006.
- Korea. Kyungtae Park. Korea. 2006.
- Forestry in Korea. Seol Woong Lee. Korea. 2006.
- Collective Forestry in China. Jialu Xie. China. 2004.
- Taiwan. Min-chung Yang. Taiwan. 2003.
- Adaptive Management in Response to Climate Change: A Synthesis of Research Findings and Observations from the Pacific Northwest. Tim Sanders. 2011
- Variable Retention Silviculture in Tasmania, Australia and Western North America. Sue Baker. Australia. 2010.
- Sustainable Forestry and Forest Product Promotion: A North American Perspective. Nathan Trushell. 2008.
- Australia’s Forests. John Turland. Australia. 2006.
- Towards Sustainable Development in Albania. Enkeleda Pjetri. Albania. 2015
- Transfer of Forest Genetic Resources in light of Climate Change. Branislav Cvjetkovic. 2013
- Macrofungal Biodiversity in Native and Non-native Sitka Spruce Forests. Richard O’Hanlon. 2012.
- Forest Fires in Portugal: Post-fire Management Lessons from the Pacific Northwest. Vera Serrao. Portugal. 2010.
- The Northwest Forest Plan. Kati Brueckner. Germany. 2009.
- Lithuania. Nerijus Miskinis. 2007.
- The Danish Forestry Sector. Mikkel Nielsen. Denmark. 2004.