Labor Day through Memorial Day
Monday – CLOSED
Tuesday – CLOSED
Wednesday – CLOSED
Thursday – CLOSED
Friday – CLOSED
Saturday – CLOSED
Sunday – CLOSED
Museum closed on
& Christmas Day
$8 for adults
$7 for seniors (age 62+)
$5 for youth (3 through 18)
Free for children under 3
4033 SW Canyon Rd.
Portland, OR 97221
Discovery Museum Memberships can be purchased online, at the Museum, or by calling 503-488-2106 during Museum hours.
Museum Membership is $60 per year and includes:
- Admission for one member and up to four guests.
- 10% off in our Forest Store (not including sale items)
- Admission for four to participating Portland-area reciprocal program attractions during the following months in 2020:
- Jan. – Oregon Zoo
- Feb. – Oregon Historical Society
- Mar. – Deepwood Museum & Gardens
- Apr. – Washington County Museum
- May – World of Speed Motorsports Museum
- Jun. – Columbia River Maritime Museum
- Jul. – Clark County Historical Museum
- Aug. – Architectural Heritage Center
- Sept. – Rice Museum of Rocks & Minerals
- Oct. – World Forestry Center Museum
- Oct. – Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum
- Nov. – Oregon Coast Aquarium
- Dec. – Lan Su Chinese Garden
We offer a special discounted pack of 12 tickets for only $50. That’s a 40% discount! Perfect for groups or giving as gifts.
Self-Guided Group Tours
Students can explore Pacific Northwest forests and “The Four Forests” found around the world on two floors of unique hands-on exhibits. Suitable for all ages, the colorful and thoughtful exhibits include information about tree planting, wildlife, the benefits of wood, outdoor recreation, and forest careers.
Allow one to two hours for your visit. Free admission for teachers and group leaders is included to help prepare your trip. No food service or lunchroom is available on site, however many groups combine their visit with a picnic, hike, or outdoor project at the nearby Hoyt Arboretum.
Bus reimbursement may be available through Oregon Forest Resources Institute.
World Forestry Center is honored to support fundraising activities of educational organizations or non-profits. If your organization qualifies for a donation under this criteria, please send us a request and we will donate four tickets to the Discovery Museum.
There are two ways to request museum passes:
- In person – Bring a donation request letter on your organization’s letterhead to the Admissions Desk in the Discovery Museum and passes will be issued to you at that time.
- By mail – Include with your donation request letter, a self-addressed stamped business size return envelope.
(ATTN: Admissions World Forestry Center, 4033 SW Canyon Road, Portland, OR 97221)
Questions? Please contact Jennifer Kent, Event & Visitor Services Director at email@example.com.