The Perfect Place to Spend a Day in The Woods
Beginning May 12, 2019, Magness Memorial Tree Farm will have new hours for public access. Magness Memorial Tree Farm including the forest, parking areas, picnic shelters and hiking trails, will be open to visitors only on Sundays. Hours will be from 9:00AM-5:00PM, unless limited by weather or operational constraints.
We are currently not renting any of the facilities for private events.
Magness Memorial Tree Farm is a wonderful regional and community asset and has been open to the public for more than 40 years. Due to rising operational costs, changes in personnel, and increased vandalism, the World Forestry Center will be restricting daily use, reviewing annual operations, and meeting with interested individuals and organizations to chart a mission-driven and sustainable course for the future.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
For additional information please contact Rick Zenn at 503-488-2103 or
Magness Memorial Tree Farm is PRIVATE PROPERTY owned and operated by the non-profit World Forestry Center in Portland. The land was donated by generous local residents Howard and Panzy Magness. The forest and facilities have been managed for forestry and outdoor education since 1977 and supported by annual gifts, grants, and donations to the World Forestry Center.
Located approximately four miles south of Old Town Sherwood and 10 minutes west of 1-5 Wilsonville exit 283, Magness Memorial Tree Farm is only 45 minutes from downtown Portland.
Originally developed as a demonstration site for woodland owners to showcase forest management and silviculture, we are open to the general public on Sundays from 9am to 5pm. With 2.5 miles of hiking trails, sheltered picnic areas, meadows, streams and forests, it is the perfect place to spend the day in the woods!
Leashed dogs are welcome at the property.
Hours & Closures
Open Sundays from 9am – 5pm.
Violators of our rules may be ask to leave. We are a private facility open to the public and reserve the right to refuse anyone at our discretion. Our rules are subject to change.
- Stay on the trails. Have fun. Learn something new every time you come!
- All dogs must be on a leash. There are predators in the forest. Leashes are for their protection and for the protection of our visitors and the wildlife; control/prevention of invasive species; and health of sensitive habitat, soils and streams.
- No smoking and please don’t litter.
- No camping.
- No fires, including grills.
- Picnic shelters are first come, first served.
- We ask that you please “pack it in, pack it out.”
- No visiting outside of daylight hours without expressed permission from WFC staff. Violators will be treated as trespassers.