World Forestry Center’s signature Timberland Investing conference re-imagined.
September 23 & 30, October 14, 21, & 28
President’s Club Corporate Members
Who Will Own the Forest: The Series 2020
Innovation & Inspiration
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, World Forestry Center has re-imagined our signature Timberland Investing conference. Who Will Own the Forest: The Series 2020 is made up of five 75-minute live-streamed episodes, featuring can’t-miss speakers and live Q&A on a variety of timely topics, followed up by hosted interactive breakout socials.
Confirmed Speakers: Clark Binkley (International Forestry Investment Advisors), Timothy Fritzinger (Brooknoll Advisors), Karim Khalifa (Sidewalk Labs), William Sonnenfeld (WillSonn Advisory), Zack Parisa (SilviaTerra), Douglas Reed (Green Diamond Resource Company), Court Washburn (Hancock Natural Resource Group). More to be announced…
September 23 & 30, October 14, 21, & 28
10:00 am – 11:15 am
Interested in sponsoring?
Who Will Own the Forest: The Series 2020 offers multiple promotional opportunities and benefits for Sponsors, including unlimited registration passes, recognition in promotional emails, acknowledgements in each episode during the entire 6-week run, opportunities to host a breakout session, and advertising in digital proceedings.
1. The Reunion: A Talk With Industry Veterans on Timberland Investing
September 23, 2020
Industry veterans reunite for a broad discussion of how the forest asset class has evolved over the years. How has timberland’s performance fared, what major trends should investors understand and where do they see the sector going?
- Court Washburn, Hancock Natural Resource Group
- Clark Binkley, ret.
- Moderator: Timothy Fritzinger, Brooknoll Advisors
2. The US South Timberland Conundrum: Two Takes on the Value Proposition
September 30, 2020
After a decade of flat performance, how does one make the case to invest in timberlands in the U.S. South? What strategic factors drive an investment in the U.S. South versus other regions? Where are the opportunities?
- Douglas Reed, Green Diamond Resource Company
- William Sonnenfeld, WillSonn Advisory
3. Artificial Intelligence and Forest Management
October 14, 2020
How innovative AI and aerial imagery can be combined to survey forests, transforming how landowners and conservationists can measure and monitor forests.
- Zack Parisa, SilviaTerra
- TBA, Microsoft AI for Earth
4. Mass Timber and the Future
October 21, 2020
How new investments in the development of a mass timber manufacturing sector in North America could fundamentally shift current assumptions for building materials and construction.
- Karim Khalifa, Sidewalk Labs
5. The Future for Timberland Investing: A Conversation
October 28, 2020
After watching the pre-recorded episodes and participating in the Q&A, participants can join any of these smaller, interactive Breakout Sessions to network and discuss a wide range of topics.
Impact of COVID-19 on Wood Product Markets
Brendan Lowney, FEA
Mitigating Financial Losses from Climate Change – Risks for Timberland Owners
Phil Cottle, ForestRe
The Forest Resilience Bond – A Unique Investment Partnership
Zach Knight, Blue Forest Resources
Leveraging the US Trillion Trees Movement to Energize Forest Carbon Gains
Jad Daley, American Forests
Social Impact Investing in Forest Lands
John Pierce and Gwen Williamson, Perkins Coie
Other confirmed breakout hosts (check back for updates):
Adams and Reese
American Forest Management
Hancock Natural Resource Group
Mason Bruce & Girard
Continuing Education Credits: Pending
- Society of American Foresters
- Oregon Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon Appraiser Certification and Licensure Board
Thank you to our Organizing Committee:
- Clark Binkley, formerly GreenWood Resources, Committee Co-Chair
- Jim Hourdequin, The Lyme Timber Company, Committee Co-Chair
- Gwen Busby, GreenWood Resources
- Carter Coe, Chinook Forest Partners
- Tiffanie Starr, Timberland Investment Resources
- Court Stanley, Port Blakely
- Joe Taggart, LandVest
- Marshall Thomas, F&W Forestry
Questions? Email World Forestry Director of Professional Programs, Sara Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org.