- This event has passed.
2019 WFI International Fellowship Program – Forestry Lightning Talks
September 12 @ 5:30 pm7:30 pmFree
Meet eight Fellows from around the world who came to Oregon to see how we meet global forestry challenges. They hope to take what they’ve learned here to improve their communities back home. Fellows will be sharing their project findings and how they are planning to implement change using their new knowledge. What we do in Oregon is inspiring people to impact their own corner of the planet.
Join us for the International Fellows‘ final ten-minute presentations!
- Romain Matile (France): Wildfire prevention and prescribed fire
- Ana Kanoppa (Brazil): Lessons from the Pacific Northwest on mobilizing funds for conservation
- William Maiden (UK): Pests, diseases and climate change in the urban forest
- Richard Banda (Malawi): Establishment of a multi benefit plantation in Malawi
- Zhongyuan Ding (China): Forestry workforce development
- Temitope Dauda (Nigeria): Planning landscape conservation in Nigeria
- Rodolfo Vieto (Costa Rica): The journey of a forest consultant from Costa Rica
- Fen-Hui Chen (Taiwan): Non-timber forest products as an alternative revenue to timber in Taiwanese forests
When: Thursday, September 12, 2019
Where: World Forestry Center / Cheatham Hall
Time: 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Refreshments on the house!
Doors open 5:30 pm
Talks begin 6:00 pm
The World Forest Institute International Fellowship Program is sponsored by the Harry A. Merlo Foundation.
World Forestry Center
4033 SW Canyon Rd.
Portland, OR 97221
Help us out by sharing this event