Community Free Days
As a thank you to the community for all its support, The World Forestry Center Discovery Museum offers free admission to all visitors four times a year sponsored by Columbia Bank.
Please follow our Facebook page for updates.
TREEmendous Second Saturdays
The World Forestry Center Discovery Museum is offering special events each month as part of our TREEmendous Second Saturday event series. Come to the Discovery Museum for hands-on learning about trees and forests, and find out how they relate to our every day lives. Fun for all ages! The dates and events for 2019 are:
- March 9: Celebrating Maxville – Trains
- April 13: Celebrating Maxville – Food
- May 11: Celebrating Maxville – Forest Careers
- June 8: Celebrating Maxville – Music
- July 13: Christmas in July
- August 10: Smokey Bear’s Birthday
- September 14: The Buzz about Bees
- October 12: Bugs – Friends of the Forest
- November 9: From Forest to Table
- December 14: TBD
This series will include informal events that will start at 12pm and run for at least two hours. We will provide a craft table all day. Included with the price of museum admission.
Spring Break at the Discovery Museum
The Discovery Museum will be open every day the week of Portland’s Spring Break! The theme for the week is Forests Provide. Each day will focus on a different topic, and there will be special educational activities for all ages. The dates and events for 2019 Spring Break are:
- Monday, March 25: Shelter
- Tuesday, March 26: Food and Water
- Wednesday, March 27: Outdoor Activities
- Thursday, March 28: Jobs
- Friday, March 29: Beauty
In honor of our valued senior citizens, the World Forestry Center Discovery Museum is offering $3 admission for senior (62+) visitors on Thursday, September 12, 2019 from 10am – 5pm.
The Discovery Museum hours are 10am-5pm. We are closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the winter season between Labor Day and Memorial Day.